Having multiple windows in a room is ideal for many reasons, such as increased natural light, effective ventilation, and better views. While less privacy is a concern, window treatments and other design ideas can help maintain your private space while beautifying your room.
Let us share some multiple-window design ideas that work based on our experience as a leading replacement window company.
1. Window treatments that blend in – If the room happens to be facing a beautiful view, you wouldn’t want distracting window treatments. Instead, choose a design that blends into the window frame, such as roller shades with plain fabric. When rolled up, the shades should almost disappear into the walls.
2. Prints that follow a motif – For rooms with a specific motif, choose window treatments that follow the design. For instance, crisp white roller shades may look out of place in an Arts and Crafts theme. Something that looks handcrafted would be more suitable. We offer stainable pine, oak, and maple interior finishes on our replacement windows to better match this particular motif.
3. Experiment with textures – Fabrics and shutters are not your only window treatment options. Shades made of wicker or bamboo add texture to otherwise plain room decor. A few wide shades can be installed over several windows for easy installation and maintenance.
4. Individual window treatments – When you ask your windows contractor to install multi-angled windows like bay or bow windows, know that single-file window treatments aren’t likely to work, and you’ll need individual window treatments for each window. Tall window treatments like plantation shutters or Roman shades work best with these windows, but other styles might work depending on your interior decor.
5. Bold prints – If your room needs a big splash of color but repainting is not an option, fabrics with bold and large prints will save the day. This works exceptionally well in rooms with white or neutral interior finishes. The best part is, as the window treatments are removable, color coordination has never been easier. Plus, our High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass options filter UV rays, so your window treatments will be in no danger of fading.
For replacement windows better than vinyl windows, call Renewal by Andersen® of Orange County today at (949) 216-7711 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free, no obligation quote. We serve Orange County, CA and nearby areas.