Several studies have proved that natural daylighting can improve productivity and positively affect our health and mood. You can create balanced lighting in your home by using the right windows and placing them in the right location.
Renewal by Andersen® of Orange County presents these tips for providing your home with balanced natural daylight:
- Place at least two windows on different walls to spread light properly. A room that has only one window tends to have dark corners. To spread light to these areas, place a window at a different wall so the light bounces off the walls or floors and onto the dark areas.
- Consider the function of the room. If you are placing windows in a study, make sure you have the proper amount of light needed that will not cause glare in computer monitors. Dining areas and living rooms need as much natural light to improve comfort. It also makes it easier to perform daily tasks.
- Choose windows with ultraviolet (UV) ray protection. Your replacement windows in Orange County, CA should have protective films that reflect UV rays. Left unchecked, these rays could cause fading in carpets, furniture, and other valuables.
- Use reflective surfaces to diffuse natural light from windows. As sunlight passes through windows, it bounces off reflective materials or shades. You can use lighter finishes or place mirrors to bounce off light.
- Windows facing north and south collect more light with little solar heat. If you have east- or west-facing windows, you can control lighting by using shades or window treatments.
Keep in mind that proper daylighting depends on the size and orientation of windows and amount of reflective surfaces. With Renewal by Andersen windows, you can achieve a brighter room and a more energy-efficient home.
Our windows are made of High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass that reflects harmful UV rays and keeps your home comfortable in any season. Our SmartSun™ glass package also blocks unwanted heat while letting in as much natural daylight as clear glass.
For window sizes and styles, we offer traditional casement and double hung windows in Orange County, CA for the right amount of light in bedrooms. We also have large bay, bow, and picture windows ideal for brightening up living and dining rooms.
For more tips on providing natural daylight, schedule an in-home consultation today. You can reach us at (888) 266-7127 or by filling out our contact form.