Amidst the abundance of the articles that tell you that your roof needs regular preventive maintenance, it can’t be helped to notice that there are only a few discussing how to do regular maintenance on your windows.
Windows replacement in Orange County may be a usual occurrence, but you can help prolong the life of your windows through careful and habitual maintenance. Furthermore, your windows will grow weak and vulnerable over the course of time; maintenance can help reinforce them. Also, performing maintenance efforts may prove to be more affordable than buying replacement windows.
- Have your windows inspected – You can do this on your own or call the company responsible for your window replacement in Orange County CA. Performing inspections can help you save time wasting time on doing unnecessary repairs/replacements.
- If you’re going to perform the inspection yourself, here are some steps you can follow:
- Inspect the window panes first. Look for missing glazing or cracked panes – if these are present, you must have a drafty window. You can replace the panes and repair the glazing, but it’s better to invest in and replace it with a new window.
- Inspect the case. If there are holes or gaps, apply caulk over them.
- If there was no problem with the panes, it’s best to actually look for possible drafts by feeling them. If you do feel some, it’s best to do some weather-stripping.
- If you have doubts on your inspection, you can proceed on calling a window contractor.
- If you don’t want to do it yourself, you may call on your window contractor and have them do the inspection for you. After the inspection, they will provide you with an inspection and a recommendation.
- Do the necessary repairs/replacement recommended as soon as possible so that your windows’ situation won’t worsen.
If you will encounter any problem while you’re doing your regular maintenance on your windows, feel free to contact us at Renewal by Andersen® of Orange County.